As an international student, you can pursue outstanding educational opportunities at Penn and choose from a wide range of credit and non-credit programs geared towards international students. Whether you are in high school or studying at a university level, our programs allow you to experience life in the Ivy League and immerse yourself in the language and culture of a vibrant American city.
Please note: if you are an international student already enrolled at an accredited US college or university for the fall semester, you may enroll in Penn Summer Sessions as a visiting student.
- International high school students should consult the US Embassy or consulate in their country to learn which visa is appropriate. Previous participants have used a visitor visa (B-1, B-2, or visa waiver) to enroll.
- If you plan to attend Penn Summer Global Institute, the program team will provide visa directions to you once you enroll.
- Learn more about visa information for the English Language Programs.
English language requirements
- International high school students: The minimum score accepted is typically 100iBt. Students who attend a high school offering an English-medium education may substitute their PSAT, SAT, or ACT scores for their TOEFL scores.
- Penn Summer Global Institute students: The minimum TOEFL score is 100iBt/IETLS: 7.
- English Language Programs students: Visit the Penn ELP website to review TOEFL requirements for these programs.