If you are a Philadelphia resident and attend a School District of Philadelphia public or charter high school, you may be eligible to attend Penn Summer Prep or a Penn Summer Academy free of charge with a Penn Summer Scholarship.
- Current 9th, 10th, or 11th grade student
- Philadelphia resident
- Attend a School District of Philadelphia public or charter high school
- Minimum 3.3 high school GPA
- Well-written essays
- Strong letter of recommendation
- Demonstrated financial need
Submit an online application for Penn Summer Prep or the Penn Summer Academy of your choice. Follow the application instructions and requirements outlined on our Application Information page.
- To waive the application fee, please email a copy of your high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org (to the attention of Mary Bustamante) before submitting your application. Include your full name and the program to which you are applying. We will respond with an application fee waiver code you may use to bypass the fee.
- As you complete the online application, when asked if you attend a School District of Philadelphia school, select ‘Yes’ to be considered for the scholarship. A supplemental form will be provided through the application system requesting financial details. Complete and return the form prior to the stated application deadline.
- Applications are reviewed in mid-May; rolling admission does not apply to scholarship applicants.
- Selected finalists may be invited to campus for an interview with program faculty and staff to review your qualifications and discuss your interest in the program. Note: interviews are not conducted for all programs.
- If admitted, students will receive a full commuter tuition scholarship to attend one of the Penn Summer Academies or the Penn Summer Prep program.